Resilient Cities Action Package (ReCAP)
Resilient Cities Action Package
Around the world, cities are fighting the Covid-19 pandemic against a backdrop of multiple shocks, stresses, and emerging vulnerabilities, while striving to put equity, economy, and climate action at the centre of their recovery approaches. In the midst of the greatest global economic downturn in nearly a century, progress on sustainable development needs to be regalvanised. Now is the moment for national and local governments to build back stronger, fairer, and greener than before.
The Resilient Cities Network is joining forces with implementing partners to design common frameworks and approaches for resilient recovery that can help address the vulnerabilities exposed by this crisis and the ones still to come.
This program aims to:
- increase the capacity of selected cities in Rwanda, Bangladesh and Mauritania for combatting pandemics;
- identify priority urban green recovery action packages cross-sectorally;
- plan for the implementation of small-scale measure;
- develop long-term resilience plans; and
- generate a global knowledge exchange on resilient urban recovery.
- Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI)
- Resilient Cities Network (R-Cities)
- Cities Alliance
- GIZ Mauritania
- Funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)